Girl’s Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Workbook Aged 5-9
Wouldn’t it be great if our children could simply read a book to learn everything they needed to know and understand regarding all the unconscious aspects needed to know their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours? Even how all these factors as a child will come to influence their adult-self? It would be great, yes. However, it would never be possible, sadly.
Please be sure to like my Facebook group so you’ll be notified of the latest workbooks and various self-help tools to follow. This group allows you to connect and share with others alike in need of help, support, advice, tips… and more.
The tools within my workbook won’t only help your children to understand, express themselves clearly and communicate better, but the knowledge and skills gained would continue to benefit their future mental, and possibly physical, wellbeing. Therefore, significantly reducing the risk of mental health issues arising at a later stage.
Enhancing optimal understanding and development within their emotional, behavioural, social, and cognitive domains.
My name is Kylea Sustek (MBACP Dip. Cons) and I have been a fully qualified and experienced integrative counsellor for the past 8 years. Today, I run a very successful private practise working with individuals of various ages and within a wider range of life, emotional, and mental health issues.
I’ve created these worksheets in a hope to enhance and strengthen children’s mental health, emotional wellbeing, intelligence, communication, self-regulation, and much more. This current time in life regarding the whole Coronavirus situation would have highly likely impacted upon your child’s emotional wellbeing, even if you cannot see it for yourself. To what degree, sadly, you may never know.
There are strong links between children’s wellbeing and school excellence.
What Could My Child Gain From Completing This Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Workbook
- Promote positive mental health
- Enhance positive emotional wellbeing
- Boost a positive mental attitude (PMA)
- Offer insight/information in understanding symptoms of anxiety and the ability to control their responses within
- Identify and strengthen self-worth, self-esteem, self-confidence, self-identity, self-awareness
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
- Identify areas that need adapting/changing to enhance and/or fulfil their young life
- Challenge defence mechanisms – Turning negatives into positives
- Manage feelings of stress, dread, unease, apprehension, worry, fear, nervousness
- Create strategies to respond to future experiences/situations within a manageable and healthier approach
- Enhance/develop the courage to express their personal thoughts, feelings, and behaviours
- Develop/enhance the ability to stop and think before responding, in order to gain the most effective outcome for their needs
- Develop life long positive personal traits, concepts and coping skills
- Create problem-solving skills
- Set personal boundaries and goals
- Stimulate social and personal development
- Utilise divergent thinking
- Promote enthusiasm, innovative, imagination, emotional regulation, resilience
- Strengthen their ability to adapt to change
- Enhance personal growth – In all aspects
- Promote awareness of the importance to be mindful and to relax
- Manage stress
- Find purpose and meaning
- Enhance/develop a broadened emotional vocabulary
- Enhance/develop a wider use of language and communication skills
And so much more
This Workbook Consists Of The Following 20 Worksheets:
- About Me
- My Strengths
- Small Changes = Big Rewards
- Boosting Self-Confidence
- Boosting Self-Esteem
- Matching Emotions
- Have Courage & Be Kind
- I Can Help
- Emotional Wordsearch
- Peace Mindfulness
- I Have Superpowers
- Identifying Emotions
- Identifying An Emotional Vocabulary
- Linking Emotions To Experiences
- Game – Roll & Tell
- Give A Little Kindness & Receive A Whole Lot Of Happiness
- Take 5 To Keep Calm
- Coping With Your Worries
- Understanding How My Feelings Affect My Behaviour
- Reflection – What Have I learnt?
ALL WORKBOOKS ARE PURCHASED AS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, HENCE THE PRICE.
What Is The Meaning Of Emotional Wellness?
Emotional wellness consists of our ability to self-care, relax, process our thoughts and emotions effectively, and the development of inner strength. We all to be attentive to both our positive and negative thoughts and feelings, for us to respond within a healthy manner accordingly and, therefore, promotes positivity all round for both adults, children, and all individuals within your lives.
By enabling a good balance of wellness from a young age, encourages and promotes an ability to hold a healthy sense of self-esteem, of which, first begins to rise between the ages of 4 and 11. This age range varies rather widely due to being dependant upon the child’s environment and surroundings settings – social and cognitive, where being able to gain a sense of independence.
Why Is Emotional Wellbeing Important?
Feelings of wellbeing are fundamental to the overall health of us all, enabling our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours to successfully overcome our difficulties and to achieve all the things we would want out of our life. As you may be aware, our past experiences, relationships, attitudes etc, all can have an enormous impact upon our wellbeing, both physically and mentally. As our wellbeing has a great deal concerning our quality of life, wouldn’t it be wonderful to help your child to understand these basic concepts needed now, rather than later?
How Do I Promote A Positive Emotional Wellbeing For My Children?
By purely supporting and encouraging your children to grow and learn their own way (having parental boundaries of course), establishing positive relationships and an environment where they feel safe and secure with the freedom to express themselves in a way that, well… the vast majority of us parents most likely didn’t. For our parents simply did not have the information available to them then that we have today, not to mention the various options of help and resources.