Children’s Aged 5-12. Understanding Covid-19, Thoughts, Feelings & Behaviours.
Sadly, due to the various implications of coronavirus, children have been left struggling to understand and relate to the world around us today. On a bigger scale, children have become unable to regulate their thoughts, feelings and behaviours. I have created this workbook solely focuses on these 6 areas: Coronavirus, Thoughts, Feelings, Behaviours, Positives, and Negatives. To gain the greatest benefits for children I use only 8 basic emotions throughout. 4 positives and 4 negatives, helping them to compare differences and promote quick changes.
Back-To-School workbooks are also available.
Going back to school?
Check our Back-To-School workbook collection!
More free self-help resources and mental health workbooks are to follow soon. Ensure to like my Facebook page to receive a notification when they become available to you and not miss out.
A year into this horrendous pandemic, sadly, I am currently receiving numerous weekly inquiries regarding working with young children. As a result, I have created this workbook to reach out to as many children as I possibly can in the hope to offer my help and support, not only for your children but you as parents also. This past year has resulted in mental health-related issues rising by roughly 35%. This figure states in itself the impact this pandemic has had on individuals. Unfortunately, children of this age are not so able to express themselves and, therefore, have struggled. If you have seen changes within your child’s: typical emotions, behaviours, communication, coping skills, anxiety, stress, responses etc, then this workbook is for them.
Not only will this workbook help your child to gain a better understanding of this past year, but (possibly) more importantly, enable them to understand/view themselves in a much healthier way than they are likely to do so at present, being a result of the implications of coronavirus as a whole. As a result, this will have great success in regards to the preparation for your child being ready to re-join society and continue with their life’s, pre-coronavirus.
This workbook is very structured. With just 6 areas being of focus, this 30-page workbook is all interlinked in the way that it has been created from a professionals perspective, heightening your child’s ability to achieve their full potential within. Despite being structured, your child can choose their worksheets in order as they wish. However, the first worksheet to be complete must be ‘My emotions in colour’, as this worksheet is fundamental to the rest of the workbook and their understandings throughout.
Throughout this workbook, I have focused on 6 subjects: Coronavirus, Thoughts, Feelings, Behaviours, Positives, and Negatives.
Worksheets within this area offer children an opportunity to identify their understandings, as well as, gaining further knowledge in regards to why they have been so isolated, experienced lockdowns and non-stop changes. These worksheets promote skills in growing empathy, consideration, compassion, coping skills and much more. All of which will be highly beneficial in their everyday lives, not to mention being of use during any future events of this continuing, or something similar.
Thoughts & Feelings
Worksheets within this area focus on the 8 basic emotions of a child (4 positives and 4 negatives): happy, excited, loved, proud, angry, worried, sad, and tired. Various worksheets link to one another, helping your child to hold the self-awareness gained but also, to continue to expand these new pieces of information they come to identify about themselves, enhancing the greatest benefits and outcomes.
Worksheets within this area work in the same way as the thoughts and feelings worksheets, again, all being linked in one way or another. These worksheets will help your child recognise just how much of an impact their thoughts and feelings have on their behaviour, becoming aware of the differences between their positive and negative responses: promoting change, control, boundaries, coping skills and much more.
Positives & Negatives
Worksheets within this area relate to all the above subject’s and allow your child to reflect on how these two opposites affect various aspects of themselves within their young lives. From understanding this awareness, positive adaptions and change can occur: promoting a boost in self-esteem, self-confidence, self-worth and much more.
Within This Workbook, You Will Receive The Following 30 Worksheets
- My emotions in colour (This worksheet must be the first to be completed.)
- Why have we been so isolated? (x2)
- My loses during Covid-19 (x2)
- My day as a journalist (x2)
- How my happiness feels
- How my anger feels
- My Covid love map
- Positive emotions
- Negative emotions
- Go away coronavirus
- Believe in yourself
- Positive experiences
- Negative experiences
- My life in lockdown (x2)
- Keep calm and stay positive
- Understanding my positive behaviours
- Understanding my negative behaviours
- Complete the sentence
- I have been brave
- My homeschooling emotions
- I’m in control of increasing my positives
- I’m in control of reducing my negatives
- Life is a journey
- My self-care plan
- Reflection (x2)
Back-To-School workbooks are also available.
- Enhancing positive mental health
- Enhancing positive emotional wellbeing
- Positive mental attitude (PMA)
- Identify and strengthen self-worth, self-esteem, self-confidence, self-identity, self-awareness
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
- Identify areas that need adapting/changing to enhance and/or fulfil their young life
- Challenge defence mechanisms – Turning negatives into positives
- Regulate emotions
- Create strategies to respond to future experiences/situations within a manageable and healthier approach
- Enhance/develop the courage to express their personal thoughts, feelings, and behaviours
- Develop/enhance the ability to stop and think before responding, in order to gain the most effective outcome for their needs
- Develop lifelong positive personal traits, concepts and coping skills
- Create problem-solving skills
- Set personal boundaries and goals
- Stimulate social and personal development
- Utilise divergent thinking
- Promote enthusiasm, innovative, imagination, emotional regulation, resilience
- Strengthen their ability to adapt to change
- Enhance personal growth
- Promote awareness of the importance to be mindful and take control
- Find purpose and meaning
- Enhance/develop a broadened emotional vocabulary
- Enhance/develop a wider use of language and communication skills
And so much more