Couples counselling is a talking therapy which many members of society use when relationships have lost their way. This could be that relationships have recently become struggled or possibly are in crisis and close to separation. Or, at times, couples have already separated yet hope to rebuild their relationship.
When working as a couple’s counsellor, I get to hear and understand two different stories, from two different individual perspectives, all being experienced within the single couple you are.
My professional role is to help you both equally, offering a neutral, emphatic and non-judgmental approach. Offering equal time, attention and understanding to both of your perspectives around the problems you are facing within a constructive manner.
Benefits of Couples Counselling - These are just a handful of examples that you could achieve;
- Establish individual and combined desired goals.
- Stop the blame game. With my help, you’ll hear each other’s personal thoughts, feelings, and opinions surrounding your issues.
- Decrease emotional avoidance and increase that loving bond.
- Hear, understand, and empathize with each other’s pains and frustrations.
- Identify any dysfunctional thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, and replace them with positive ones to strengthen your relationship once again.
- Identify, understand and accept the problems within your relationship by hearing the unconscious truths behind each of your difficulties.
- Therefore, understanding your partner on a whole new level.
- Identify and promote individual and combined strengths and weaknesses to enhance your relationship.
- Improve your ability to communicate better within a wide range of ways, currently unknown to you both.
- Implementation of approaches/strategies to enable and develop positive changes.
- Promote forgiveness and ability to rebuild trust.
- Feel supported, acknowledged, respected, appreciated, and valued.
- Improve intimacy and all other positive aspects within your relationship.
- To once again – feel loved and wanted.
Insights and tools gained within therapy will continue to benefit you throughout your future.
You and your partner may be finding yourselves trapped within a vicious circle, arguing about the smallest things and rows are now likely to quickly escalate into something unnecessary or nasty, which you later come to regret. There are an untold number of reasons to why relationships struggle and therefore, couples seek professional help;
Here are just a few examples of why others have come to me for help.
- Anger management
- Affairs and betrayals
- Communication issues
- Controlling behaviours
- Family issues
- Faith or religion differences
- Feeling sad
- Identity issues
- Lack of understanding
- Low self-esteem/worth/confidence
- Panic attacks and Panic disorders
- Parenting issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual and emotional abuse
- Stress and work-related stress
- Trust issues
As with any form of counselling, there are no set guarantees that your relationship will be saved. However, the sooner you receive professional help to at least try and resolve your issues and conflicts, the more effective counselling will be for you both, and therefore, increases the chance of successfully rebuilding your relationship.
Counselling could prevent unnecessary separation. More so, it could potentially leave you both with a whole new relationship style and full of new goals to fulfil an exciting future together.
Also, as a loss & grief specialist, by working with me I will help you both, individually, to bring your unconscious losses into your conscious awareness. With time, newly gained understandings will proceed to you both identifying specific areas that you have been grieving for within your relationship.
Getting Started is Easy
Let's meet! Arrive ahead of our scheduled time but only enter the premises 1-2 minutes ahead of our session start time.