Hello! I’m Kylea
Firstly, a little about me…
Turning the age of just 18, I was very depressed. I had been for a couple of years due to difficult events I experienced in my teens. I had become to feel extremely stuck within my young age. I felt trapped within this dark bubble that was filled with so many negative emotions; sadness, depression, grief, anxiety, anger, confusion, jealousy…
I had tried numerous attempts to make various positive changes to my life, all to have failed. Thankfully I did not give up hope. Instead, I accepted the fact that I wasn’t able to ‘do it alone’ and so I sought professional help. It was here that I started my personal journey within therapy and when my life began to change dramatically, and more importantly… when I did.
As I walked to my car after having finished my very last counselling session, I was suddenly hit by a unique memorable life-changing moment. I physically felt as though I had been slapped around the face with this new realization, becoming aware of what it was that I was meant to do with the rest of my life –
To become a counsellor and to give other individuals the same chance that my counsellor had given me; The ability to change.
Today, I have over 15 years of experience working within a wide range of: mental health issues, life traumas and difficulties, emotional and work-related stresses, and both physical and mental wellbeing’s, working with both individuals and couples. I have achieved my professional goal and now own a very successful private practice in Rainham, Essex.
My Promise to You
- Receive 100% of my attention when listening & communicating.
- Offer a safe space for you to talk about your thoughts and feelings without the fear of being judged or criticized.
- Receive genuine care towards your needs with respect, consideration, and empathy.
- All of our work will be confidential and in line with my professional governing body (BACP), policies.
- To be resilient, patient, compassionate, committed, trustworthy and honest at all times.
- To have a genuine interest in you, your life and your wellbeing and what you bring to our sessions.
- To use my expert skills, knowledge & experience when working in collaboration with yourself, implementing interventions to help you reach the most effective & efficient outcome where possible.
- Offer sensitivity to differences, in all aspects.
- Offer an open ended-approach – no restrictions on the amount of time you are to be in therapy – unless all your requirements have been achieved.
- Offer any external support and/or information when and where necessary, with your best interests being my main focus.
I Work With Individuals, Couples, Families, & Groups
Individual counselling, potentially, will not only help you within your present wellbeing and struggles, but will also continue to benefit you, and others around you, throughout the rest of your life.
When working as a couple’s counsellor, I get to hear and understand two different stories, from two different individual perspectives, all being experienced within the single couple you are.
Loss & Grief Specialist
Experiencing loss and grief within our lives is rarely due to a loved one’s death, or any traumatising events that we may occur. Loss and grief effect’s us all greatly, much more often than we are aware.